Materials Planner - SEEPEX Inc
SEEPEX Inc., a global leader in the manufacture of industrial pumping equipment, is seeking a Materials Planner to join our Supply Chain Department. This position interacts with all levels in the organization and is crucial in making the organization competitive.
The main responsibilities of the Material Planner are cycle counting (20%); forecasting and planning stators and stator tubes (60%); and support for general materials management functions (20%).
- Primary responsibility for the cycle counting program. Perform counts if needed; coordinate the cycle counting effort of the team; identify and track problems; report results; coordinate cost effective process changes to solve problems.
- Create and maintain a stator forecast in the appropriate system/format. Relate the pace to stock levels to assist in developing a production plan.
- Convert the stator production plan to planned purchases while testing the plan against forecast. Maintain a reliable tube and elastomer supply while balancing inventory and vendor capacity.
- Maintain master data as directed: lead times, lot sizes, procurement type, material creation
- Facilitate the purchase, receipt and control of tube inventory.
- Commit stock to orders, maintain promise dates and create/firm planned production orders.
- Assist in accomplishing the broad array of tasks needed to accomplish the daily materials management functions. Expected to be 20% of requirements.
- Candidates must possess experience working in an MRP/ERP environment; preferably with SAP and a well- developed basic business skill set managing and planning supply and demand.
- The position requires a motivated person who can self-start, work independently, identify the need for action and work with people from all departments/levels within the organization.
- Good communication skills are essential along with well-developed computer skills working with Microsoft Office and an ERP system.
- Candidates with a college degree in a business curriculum and/or certifications in APICS, PMA, CSCP will be given preference.
SEEPEX provides a performance oriented salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, SEEPEX provides a comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, life, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, an excellent 401(k) match, and career development opportunities in the international environment of a growing company. SEEPEX Inc. is an equal opportunity employer in a drug-free environment.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or apply via our career portal at https://seepexuscareers.silkroad.com. Visit our website at www.seepex.com to learn about our products and services.